Use Unusual Containers for Shelving

I found this cool idea on an old Sunset Magazine Website. Or perhaps it is new, but I just saw it recently. These folks made a mud room in their remodeled house in AK, and put up old fish steamer baskets for shelves! I have done this with wicker baskets, tins, wooden Coke Delivery boxes, and such. But this was really nice and you can even hang things like coats from hooks on the handles!!

One time, I found a rusty 6 cup muffin tin, and spray painted the inside. Then, I put round photos in with some twigs, leaves and such for a nice, rustic shadow box type photo display.

Enjoy!

By Sandra from Salem OR

I have used a tea cup set in my kitchen. I super glued the cup to the saucer, and you can set something small inside the cup and hang a pretty antique apron from the handle. I glued some bittersweet twigs and flowers to the saucer and hung it all with a plate hanger.

Turned out neat.

I am not sure why the photo of theirs didn't get included, but I don't think I saved the photo. I will add one from a website so you can see what they look like, and can imagine them on a wall. The ones the folks used had almost 90 degree angles, and the handles were upright and not out so much, so things would sit nicely.

N-JOY!!

The teacup idea is great. I have seen shower curtain hooks that have unusual tea cups or garden watering cans on them, and I think you can find them in gift books.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Trash to TreasureJanuary 16, 2009
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
🎄
🍂