Uses for Old Magazines

Give your old magazines to hospitals, nursing homes, senior centers, schools or clinics. Schools need magazines for research and for children to cut pictures out of. Any where there is a waiting room there are people hoping for something to read.

Marianne

My hairdresser subscribes to about 50 magazines monthly which he displays for customers to read. Every month he weeds the prior month out and gives the magazines to me. I read what interests me and then along with the other magazines I bring them all to the nursing home that I visit weekly. Rather than him toss them out he has enriched peoples quiet time. And it hasn't cost us a penny.

By Joesgirl

I take mine with other things for donation to one of our local no kill animal shelter thrift store. They resell them for .25¢. (An incentive to keep shoppers interested to keep coming back on a regular basis.)

Make a christmas tree. Fold each sheet down from the point to the inside of the magazine (Don't do the covers until the end). When finished folding each page, fold the covers, stand on end and staple or glue or tape the cover pages together. Stand up and spray paint in gold or silver.

I get several zines that are not popular.One is from a college & one is from a Veterans organization & I can't think of another one right now.

But mostly they aren't all that interesting.One way to use the lesser interesting ones (you can also use sales sheets that come in the newspaper or the weekly ones with the order blanks for designer personal checks etc.) to make a cute coaster for drinks!

I found this online:

I cut out pictures to use on a scrapbook, but what places can you sell them to?

I really liked the idea about about reselling them! Nursing Home Activity staff are always looking for ways to supplement their budgets! I know I would love to be able to afford some of the pricey mags! Thank You. I also have used them to make monthly themed notebooks for residents to view. If you would like to make some to donate, cut out simple pictures with minimal text.

Place the pictures on colored paper and place them in plastic sleeves you can buy at office supply shops. Place the sleeves in hard notebook folders. If you know of a resident in a nursing home with a poor appetite make one of delicious foods that they can view prior to eating to help stimulate their appetite. Remember to volunteer. Activities are so important to residents!

Uses for Old Magazines
Uses for Old Magazines
Better Living Green Living RecyclingJune 11, 2004
Mr. and Mrs. SantaMade From Reader's Digest Magazines
Mr. and Mrs. Santa Made from Reader's Digest Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Stack of Magazines
Saving Money on Magazines
Christmas bows made from magazines.
Making Bows From Magazines
🎉
🎄