Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Refrigerator Doesn't Stay Cold

My Kenmore side by side is not cooling. It is 7 years old. The motor and fan run, but there is no cool air. I want to clean the dust underneath, but do not know how to remove front bottom panel. Any ideas of what is going on?

By Cheryl from Poughkeepsie, NY

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By AJ [5]11/19/2010

I just went through that with mine, and after calling and talking to a repairman who couldn't make it out to where we are located. He suggested checking the temperature controls. The freezer unit should never, ever be set more than 1/2 way point on the controls. If it is set higher then the fridge spends all the time trying to bring down the temp of the freezer, leaving no cold air for the fridge. He suggested raising the temp to at least the 1/2 way point or "warmer" to allow the fridge to cool down properly. Don't know if it will work for yours, but it saved us from having to buy a new fridge.