Removing Stickers From Painted Wall

How do you remove stickers from a wall without removing the paint?

Danielle from Sumte, SC

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Judy R. (Guest Post) 10/10/2008

I have always used a hair dryer to get off stickers. I was the one as a kid that stuck them everywhere so my dad showed me how to do it and it was my job to clean up my messes. The glue on the back warms and becomes sticky again. You can slowly pull it off or while you are pulling if it gets to hard to use the blow dryer while pulling it off. Afterwards I use either an orange cleaner or goof-off to get the last residue off. Good Luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Melanie Jackson 1 373 10/10/2008

The hair dryer idea is the one I've always used. The only time that didn't work for me, was when the sticker was made of really cheap paper.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By jane (Guest Post) 10/12/2008

GooGone works well, you can find this almost anywhere. One of the 10 things every household should have.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By polly (Guest Post) 10/15/2008

Use wall paper remover spray and let soak.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By faith (Guest Post) 10/19/2008

If you haven't tried it yet, rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle works really well for removing stickers from nearly any surface. Spray well, and let set for a few moments, then pull off.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No