Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Removing Stickers From Painted Wall

How do you remove stickers from a wall without removing the paint?

Danielle from Sumte, SC

By

By faith (Guest Post)10/19/2008

If you haven't tried it yet, rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle works really well for removing stickers from nearly any surface. Spray well, and let set for a few moments, then pull off.

By polly (Guest Post)10/15/2008

Use wall paper remover spray and let soak.

By jane (Guest Post)10/12/2008

GooGone works well, you can find this almost anywhere. One of the 10 things every household should have.

By Melanie Jackson [1]10/10/2008

The hair dryer idea is the one I've always used. The only time that didn't work for me, was when the sticker was made of really cheap paper.

By Judy R. (Guest Post)10/10/2008

I have always used a hair dryer to get off stickers. I was the one as a kid that stuck them everywhere so my dad showed me how to do it and it was my job to clean up my messes. The glue on the back warms and becomes sticky again. You can slowly pull it off or while you are pulling if it gets to hard to use the blow dryer while pulling it off. Afterwards I use either an orange cleaner or goof-off to get the last residue off. Good Luck!