Removing Stickers From Painted Wall

How do you remove stickers from a wall without removing the paint?

Danielle from Sumte, SC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have always used a hair dryer to get off stickers. I was the one as a kid that stuck them everywhere so my dad showed me how to do it and it was my job to clean up my messes. The glue on the back warms and becomes sticky again. You can slowly pull it off or while you are pulling if it gets to hard to use the blow dryer while pulling it off. Afterwards I use either an orange cleaner or goof-off to get the last residue off. Good Luck!

The hair dryer idea is the one I've always used. The only time that didn't work for me, was when the sticker was made of really cheap paper.

GooGone works well, you can find this almost anywhere. One of the 10 things every household should have.

Use wall paper remover spray and let soak.

If you haven't tried it yet, rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle works really well for removing stickers from nearly any surface. Spray well, and let set for a few moments, then pull off.

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning WallsOctober 10, 2008
Wood Door
Removing Stickers from a Wood Door
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Painted Chinese furniture.
Cleaning Painted Wood Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 6:21:54 PM on 10.0.2.249 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.