Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning a Baseball Uniform

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
A young boy in a baseball uniform.

Baseball uniforms can get pretty dirty. It is important to get them clean so that they look their best at the next game. This is a guide about cleaning a baseball uniform.

Here are questions related to Cleaning a Baseball Uniform.

Question: Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

My boys play baseball and I like to buy them the double play Mizuno baseball pants. They are more expensive but they last so much longer and don't rip in the knees so it turns out to be worth it. But you cannot bleach them. They suggested some expensive Krud Kutter Red Clay remover which I bought and it doesn't get the stains out. Have any home remedy suggestions for cleaning white baseball pants? The baseball clay is what I cannot get out from the infield.

Sally

Most Recent Answer

By Schlbusdriver04/01/2011

You can buy Fels Naptha soap at your larger grocery stores. I see it on the top shelf in the stain removal area. It is packaged like a single bar of soap. The off white wrapper makes it look like it has been sitting there for years. The stuff works great. I am working on a pair of baseball pants now and was searching for a solution to get the clay out of the pants. I had completely forgotten about the Fels. Going to try it now.

Solutions: Cleaning a Baseball Uniform

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

My son played in Cooperstown this week where they play on a clay field. I cannot get the red clay stains out of his baseball pants. Any suggestions? FYI, the pants can not be bleached and must be washed in cold water because they are 100% polyester.

Karen

RE: Removing Clay From a Baseball Uniform

Try using shout gel. I work with clay in pottery- lizzela - which is orange and it stained my light jeans, even after a wash. I then used shout gel and oxy clean and almost all of the stains were removed. (08/10/2005)

By zoombit

My son plays a lot of baseball, I always have to use bleach to get out all those stains. His pants are polyester too. The bleach doesn't hurt them at all. Don't you just love baseball, we sure do! Good luck to him. (08/11/2005)

By jojo

Try using a bar of zest soap (08/11/2005)

By klr2080

Try oxyclean. I use it for all of my whites. I start the washer with hot water, add about 5 large scoops and when it dissolves, I switch the water to cold. I add all of our socks, white t-shirts, towels, plus any stained items. Let it agitate for about 5 minutes and then let them soak overnight or at least 6 hours. Run through the regular cycle, and then I run it again with detergent though that is probably not necessary. (08/11/2005)

By Ann

Use powered Cascade for the dishwasher. About 1 cup to a large wash. I've used it for years on my son's baseball pants. (08/21/2005)

By Brenda

Hi, 1 cup of Cascade seems like an awful lot. I'd use much less to start, maybe 1/8 to 1/4 cup. Susan from ThriftyFun (08/21/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Use Eisco's Clay Mate, and Grass & Blood Remover (which is part of their Clubhouse Kit Line of Products, carried by Modell's). Or Call Brad for information on the entire Clubhouse Kit line 877-CLUB-KIT (258-2548) Great products! (12/20/2005)

By A.S.

Try clubhousekit.com they provide the same products for all professional baseball teams (01/18/2006)

By Howard

We have all clay fields here also. But, someone turned me on to 'fels-naptha'. It is a bar of soap for laundry purposes. It works! I just wash the pants, rub the bar on the stains and rub it in real well, then throw them back in the washer. Try it! (03/28/2007)

By SHARON

My client LaundriTek, Inc. based out of Arizona introduced a new cleaning product: The "Cleaning Agent" that takes care of your cleaning needs. MLB Teams are now using our product to remove the new red-clay that is being used in baseball fields Please phone 602-410-5673 or email shdmarketing AT yahoo.com and receive more information on the product. (05/20/2007)

By Owner of SHD Marketing & Distribution

Hi Karen, I am a manufacturer who sells a commercial product to the professional baseball teams called "Slide Out". It will remove old or new red clay stains immediately upon spraying it on. It is sold as a two part kit consisting of 1 gallon of Part 1 solution and 1 gallon Part 2 solution. You also get a dual chamber spray bottle that mixes the two products together at point of use to activate and remove the stain. It never...yes I did say NEVER fails. Call me at 623-326-7945 to discuss delivery and pricing. Mark (06/04/2007)

By Mark

We make a product called Clay Mate clubhousekit.com. As long as you did not dry the uniform the clay should come out. I would also suggest washing in at least warm. Nothing comes clean in cold. If the pants look bad to begin with you have nothing to lose. (10/22/2007)

By Brad

Use dishwasher detergent. This gets clay and mud out. Just put it in with your regular detergent. It works wonders, you'll see. (07/19/2008)

By stacey