Telemarketing from Sheriff's Organizations

I just have to write to let everyone know that I'm so tired of getting phone calls from people pretending to be from the law asking for money...My husband is a deputy sheriff an I know first hand they do NOT ever ask for money over the phone. So many people thinking these phone calls are on the up an up an give their hard earned money to these "people" are just plain taken from these scams...there are so many scams out there any more its terrible. Please do everyone a favor an address this issue ... It just makes me so mad that these people will take money, or even worse they ask for people credit card numbers, ect. People think that just because these people say they are with any law agancy thats its ok...its NOT. Thank you.

I absolutely agree! I got one of these calls just the other day, and as soon as I could, I said "no thanks, and put me on your do not call list." His response: "Don't you want to help our sheriffs?" Nice try at a guilt trip there; it didn't work.

"I do not want to get phone calls from you," I replied, and hung up.

I don't give money to ANYone who calls out of the blue and asks for it, no matter how legit they sound (and may actually be). I volunteer at our local food bank and give money to a few local nonprofits, where I can see how well the money is used.

(And I help our sheriffs and police by staying out of trouble :))

Avoiding Financial Scams
Avoiding Financial Scams
Food Charity Organization
New Jersey Charity Organizations
sunflower with seeds in foreground
Using a Seed Exchange
Stopping Telemarketer Calls
cowboy hat with decorations
Western Themed Christmas Tree