Dealing With Fine Hair

If you have fine, tangly hair of any length, keep a comb in the shower, and when you put conditioner on it after shampooing, comb it out, and voila, no more tangles.

By Sandy from Tallahassee, FL

Aussie volumizing shampoo and conditioner works wonders. I have wisps for hair so it really helps.

Even some highlighting can add thickness to fine hair. I loved the old perms that use to make my hair very curly and thick. I now just accept it and wear bangs and one length which makes it look thicker.

There are a few tricks to volumise hair, one is to wash it with beer (no, I'm not joking). Another is to buy special volumising shampoos and conditioners, and also to get a layered or feathered cut.

I also have fine hair and not much of it. For me its best to keep my hair at shoulder length with a few layers on top and back. I have to keep highlighting my hair as it tends to damage the hair a bit and that helps give it volume. I use Big Sexy Hair by Michael O'Rourke, spray it on the roots then blow dry holding the sections straight up in the air, this gives it fluff then spray with Tresemme Ultra Fine mist, any other hair spray just seems to weigh down the hair. I don't use Volume shampoo as it also weighs down my hair. I Have not found a shampoo that does not eventually build up and I have given up looking for one, I use cheap Suave shampoo each day then wash with Ivory soap once a week to really clean the build up. When my hair was shorter I used Ivory soap daily and it worked just fine.

My best friend has really really thin hair. It's best not to layer it because it wont make your hair look nay bigger/ fluffier to be honest it just look bad :S but if its blonde dye it darker because the darker your hair the thicker it looks

also don't grow it long because you will get split ends really easily the best way to have it cut it just below or above your shoulders :) Hope that helps.

I did this years ago when I had a perm that fried my hair. It's amazing how well it works. I even had my neice who has natural thick curly hair to do this and stayed tangle free for her too! Thanks for sharing this tip, I'm sure a lot of people will get use from this!

I am nearly 70 and have given up hair color and permanents for about 15 years and my fine, fine hair is now manageable. The best conditioner I have found is Tate's. It is an organic all purpose lotion. I wear my hair clipped back, in a bun, in a braid, whatever I feel like. With daily brushing using a baby soft brush, it looks like silk. I use a mild shampoo for cleaning and Silver Fox to keep the yellow out. My hair became the least trouble when I did the minimum, but a good cut is necessary. I have an end trim about every 5-6 months when the ends become uneven.

After more than fifty years of messing around with products I have persevered and grown my hair long enough to wear it up. There are many variations available and I change the look each day depending on the condition of my hair. So, cleaning and cutting is the key, even for long hair. I get the ends trimmed twice a year.

Washing almost every day, Head and Shoulders close to the scalp, the original formula. Massage into scalp but just rinse through the shaft of hair. No conditioners, none. No other products. I usually blow dry the front but put the rest into a pony tail or whatever. Thin hair takes no time to dry.

My tricky tip is, put body oil on your hands, lightly wipe on a towel, then run your palms over the front and side hair very quickly and gently. This controls the wisps, while the rest of the hair is untainted and therefore at its lightest and thickest.

I comb my hair while the shampoo is still in it and haven't needed conditioner for a few years now. I, too, have fine hair and found the conditioner made it limper, even when I used volumizing products.

Woman Brushing Fine Hair
Dealing with Fine Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair TipsApril 29, 2010
China tea cup and saucer with floral pattern.
Cleaning Fine China Dishes
China tea cups
Selling Fine China
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄