Organizing Silk Flowers

How do I keep craft items organized? I have extra silk flowers from other projects that are just laying around and nowhere to put them. I tried keeping them in empty coffee cans but I keep adding more to the cans.

Best Answer

Pringles chip cans linked together work good.

Best Answer

I purchased a large plastic box from Walmart with a lid. When I'm through with an arrangement of silk flowers I shake the dust off them and store them in the box until the next time. This keeps them clean and I also save on buying new flowers for each season of the year. I have saved a variety of flowers for several years so I just pick what I need and make a new arrangement for current use.

Best Answer

The best thing I ever found to store plastic silk flowers in are hanging clear vinyl purse holders. They'd have to be on the side not above a table. They are 6' long and 12" wide w/ 12 to 16 clear pouches back to back on the holder which is best hung on a rod. Each pouch is open on two sides and you alternate sides when entering the flowers (petals first - like colors together). A lot of flowers will fit without harm. Flowers stay dust free and are easily viewed. In my area (NH) these holders are easily found at yard sales for as little as 50 cents. I store sprays of smaller flowers in large vases w/a heavy rock on the bottom and cover w/ a clear trash bag. I'm amazed at the number of creative people involved with the internet. The artistic side of my brain is top notch but the technical side is just taking baby steps. I sold silk florals at juried fairs in the Boston area for many years but as a senior I've switched to jewelry. The product, displays and supplies are so much easier to lug around. Good Luck and have fun making your arrangements.

Try just tying them in bundles with string, leaving a loops for hanging and hang with tacks or small brads from the ceiling. Just be sure they hang low enough to reach them! If you have a worry about dust collection, enclose in a brown paper bag then wrap string around the neck, closing it then hang. This is a traditional way to hang flowers for drying, but why not store silks this way?

A single maroon fabric flower against a white background
Organizing Silk Flowers
Organizing CraftsFebruary 27, 2009
Golden silk fabric
Cleaning Silk
Silk Wedding Flowers
Silk Flower Wedding Centerpieces
silk flowers in a glass vase
Coloring Silk Flowers
Making Silk Flower Angels
Making Silk Flower Angels
🎉
🎄