Use Old Socks for Packing

I was needing to pack some highly breakable items they are very sentimental to me and I didn't want them to break while I have to store them. I didn't have bubble wrap or newspaper but I did have a million old socks so I decided to use them for my packaging.

What I did was take an old tube sock and a teacup. I held the teacup like I was going to drink out of it and I just slipped it into the sock pushing it all the way down to the toe, the part that was left over I just shoved into the cup, I suppose I could have wrapped it back over itself also. With the saucer part it slipped right into the sock and I folded it under when I put the plate in the box. I'm going to use more socks this way I have a lot of them that lost their mate or one has a hole in it and no one wants to mend it. Plus it saved me from having to go buy bubble wrap and saved myself some dough.

By Amberina from Oregon

That's a great idea. I used my kitchen towels, pillow cases and doilies for wrapping things when I moved. It saves on boxes as well as gives a great cushion for delicate glassware.

Really great idea!

When we moved across the country We didn't have a lot of space for everything so I decided to use our clothes, towels, sheets, etc for wrapping up everything. And EVERYTHING needed to be wrapped for this 3 day drive to protect it. I used our blankets to protect furniture, clothes and such to wrap dishes and collectables, even put towels between some boxes. Not one thing was broken or scratched!

Uses for Unmatched Socks, Small Pile of Unmatched Socks
Uses for Unmatched Socks
Organizing StorageMarch 11, 2009
Socks
Making a Sock Quilt
A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
sock snowman
Uses for Old Socks
Packing a Suitcase, Suitcase Ready for Travel
Packing a Suitcase
🎄