Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Baby Shower for Mother with Nightmare Before Christmas Themed Nursery

I am assisting in the planning of a baby shower soon. The mother is an awesome person, in her early twenty's, however she is a little different. The nursery theme is going to be "Nightmare Before Christmas". I need some ideas to help her express her individuality!

Amanda from Lake Charles, LA

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Melissa (Guest Post)09/17/2008

This is a late reply. but I wanted to say that is AWESOME. :D I'm engaged, and we're planning on having a NBC-themed wedding shower (since this part of me really wanted a gothic wedding, but we decided to go very traditional instead). I'm going to use some of these suggestions. Thanks! :)

By Emzzy (Guest Post)08/08/2008

zomg that is such an awsum idea thanx i might hav a TNBC themed 13th coz thirteen is an unlucky number thnx once again

By Lydia's Mommy (Guest Post)05/20/2008

I'm also having a baby and doing the nursery in nightmare before christmas, I've found a website goreydetails.net they have a lot of NBX stuff. I also printed out some of the characters, blew up the picture, traced them, and colored them, put them in frames and hung them. I painted jacks face on a white toy box and painted the rest black. She'll have to do a lot of improvising, I've looked everywhere and had a hard time finding anything. Good luck though.

By (Guest Post)04/21/2008

On eBay there is a seller called goth babies. I am doing a nbc theme as well and was able to find a whole crib set for reasonable for hand made quality set.

By Lisa (Guest Post)04/09/2008

This is an awesome idea! I love that movie, and so does my two-year old son. We bought him the cutest little Jack Skellington plushies that we hung on his wall. They have Sally, too! Go to:

http://www.funtocollect.com/newnightmarechristmas2007.html

You'll find them there. :)

By Jana [7]04/09/2008

I'm suprised that my daughter didn't pick this theme for my grandaughter's nursery -- she adores that movie, and is, as this young woman, definately a unique individual.

If you check out the store, catalog, and/or website "Hot Topic", they actually have a lot of baby items with the characters from this movie on them, and also skulls and cross bones and other such things. Some of them are really quite cute!

Good luck with the baby shower, and congratulations to the mom-to-be!

By Lisa04/08/2008

I would use the colours purple, black, grey and orange. I would purchase some halloween items at online craft stores, they should be cheap around now or even look on ebay. A good idea for the nursery is to paint the spiral hill on the wall. I would mix Christmas decorations with pumpkins, real or fake. You could use black ribbons and purple streamers and such. I hope this helps.

By angela (Guest Post)04/08/2008

See if "the mom to be" wants to do the traditional baby shower games or just stick to food and presents. If she's not interested in the games then your job just got alot easier. If she still wants games I suggest putting a special twist on the typical baby shower game b/c she doesn't sound like the typical mom. For example: instead of baby shower bingo with cute pics of strollers and rattles use pics from TNBC.
Sounds like a shower where the more outrageous the game the better. I enjoy the game where each diaper is filled with a candy bar and melted. It's gross and fun to guess which candy bars were used. Good luck

By Lisa (Guest Post)04/08/2008

I'm a huge fan of the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas"! I don't know that I personally would have chosen it for my own son's nursery theme, but I think that the message of the movie is a sound one. After all, Jack Skellington's heart was in the right place, even if he did almost ruin Christmas! I don't think that the mom-to-be needs to rethink her choice at all! Jack's head (when smiling) is actually a very mild-looking, non-threatening skull, and not very scary (in my humble opinion)! I agree that I would look for items on eBay. I know that one of the local Disney stores also carries some TNBC items--you might want to check there, if you have one in your area. Good luck, and kudos to you for being supportive of a unique mom!

By sarah [1]04/07/2008

It seems like she will be using a lot of black and white for a babys room, which is not the norm, but babies see black and white really well, so she does have a good idea!

I am in my late 20s, so I guess I am embracing this a little better, haha!

Try and find some cute organizer boxes in black and white for her to put stuff in (containerstore.com might help), and I know hottopic.com sells baby items, and they DO have Nightmare Before Christmas stuff.

Try Ebay, maybe they have misc party stuff from this movie that wasn't used. You could try and find some Christmas tree balls in black/white/silver to use as decoration/place holders.

By Vickie Kibellus04/07/2008

I am a huge fan also, but isn't this a bit like the evil clown bed in the Simpsons? You could give her all kinds of decorations from the website. Stark jewel tones and black and white, but I think she needs to rethink this idea. I didn't subject my children to this until they were cognizant and then they loved the music and the movie.