Roses Have Witch's Broom Disease

Has anyone ever heard of Witch's Broom Disease? My rose bushes have this, and I don't know how to get rid of it or how to prevent it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

By Chris from Clinton, MO

Please tell your friend that what I have discovered is that there is no cure for it. To get rid of it, prune it away thusly:

Wait for a day when it is dry and no chance of rain for 24 or more hours. Prune about 6" inches below the mass. Immediately dip the shears into a 10% bleach mixture to clean the shears. Or, alcohol may be used in a 10% solution. This will help keep the disease from spreading.

What I did was type witches broom into my search engine and read until I was satisfied. If this is the disease her plants have, she may be able to decide if it is with the photo's shown. Hope this helps.

Spraying a rose bush.
Treating Roses With Witch's Broom Disease
Home and Garden Gardening RosesFebruary 9, 2009
Making a Witch Broom
Making a Witch Broom
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making Witch Cupcakes
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed