Adjusting a Dust Pan Clamp

If you happen to buy a new dustpan without the accompanying broom, sometimes the pan won't stay in place on the broom handle because of a difference in size. Tape or a rubber band wrapped around the broom handle at a convenient spot can prevent the dustpan from sliding down your broom's handle.

I purchased this little dust pan at the grocery store. I have seen them at Walmart as well. It is made to clamp onto the broom handle, I would guess tight enough to stay in place which makes the dust pan very convenient. When you use a broom, you usually need a dust pan.

I have a Stanley broom that is ??? old. I have had it for years and love it. Well, the broom handle is a little too small for the dust pan to fit properly and it slides down to the bottom of the handle when I put the broom in the closet.
No problem now. I took a rubber band, that came off a bunch of celery, and put it on the broom handle. This keeps the dust pan from sliding down the handle and it stays right where I need it.

1. Use a large rubber band. (It does not have to be a rubber band. Several wraps of tape to make a hump would also work)
  2. Advertisement

3. Twist the rubber band over the end of the handle until you have a tight wad that is thick.
  4. Roll the rubber band up the broom handle to where it needs to be in order to stop the dust pan from sliding down the handle.
  5. To keep from bending the bristles on your broom, store it broom side up or hang it so the bristles do not touch the floor.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJune 4, 2020
🐛
😷
🎆
🌻
👔
😎