Makeup for Large Pores

I have large pores on my nose and on the skin on either side of my nose. I call it "orange peel" skin because nothing conceals the pore size. The rest of my facial skin is normal and has no large pores. Every makeup I've used settles in these pores and looks bad at the end of the day. Does anyone have a brand of makeup that is best or any tips for this problem?
-ATB

Hi ATB,

A few tips to clean and then shrink pores. Fill your sink with very hot water and lean over the sink with a towel around your face and head to open the pores and then cool the water to a comfortable level and wash the area with the enlarged pores with a good exfoliator.

Old coffee grounds or raw corn meal work just as well as any of the commercial products, but if you prefer professional products, St Ives makes a good exfoliating cleanser. It has ground apricot kernels in it as the exfoliating agent. The rest of the ingredients in it are just to make it look, feel and smell nice.

Then splash the area with cool-not cold water and gently pat dry. If any of the pores look as if they still have anything in them, rub the area gently with a piece of raw potato, and let the juice from the potato dry- This really cleans them out big time!

After the juice has dried, gently rinse with cool water, and pat dry. Now comes the sneaky part. Mix the raw white of an egg with a quarter to a half teaspoon of lemon juice, orange juice or lime juice. Whisk the ingredients together and apply lightly to the area in question. Let it dry and leave it on. Apply a very light amount of makeup, and you should be good to go.

I have used this and it worked well for me. I hope it works well for you. PS-exfoliate no more than three times a week, but you can use the egg white/juice every day. If you find the juice is too strong, use less, or omit it totally. It's the egg white that matters most.

- Colleen

I bought a product by clinique called pore minimizer and in 3 weeks my pores were so small that my friends kept asking what happened i had pores so large in school people called me crater face now they are just like everyone elses and it feels great.

i have the same problem and am using the product: bare minerals make-up. you can get it from tv or at sephora and probably online. i bought the package once but only use the mineral vale and have now started only buying that. you just brush it on and it sort of does what it says, "vales" the pores with no residue at the end of the day. you don't need alot for it to work - alot is when you get the residue. oh, and if i need a touch up during the day - i've also been using the philosophy product: "the present / clear powder". that's in a tiny bottle that's good for the purse, inconspicuous and is a cream. again, you don't need much. that one is also available at sephora and plenty of other stores (and i'm sure, again, online) the combo seems to work well - doesn't get rid of the problem but helps more than anything else i've found.

some others worth noting: pro-active. yes, it really works and you don't need acne for it / it's just good. or this combo for a face-wash: st.ives apricot scrub oil free (it also comes in a less harsh exfoliant), purpose by johnson - johnson, and finally pore refining toner by neutrogena. twice a day on the wash and toner (exfoliate as you wish). these three products are found in any drug store or grocery store. i've also read a clay mask once a week helps cut back on appearance and should be incorporated into a routine. blotters aren't bad to keep in the purse as well (blot, then add the philosophy "the present / clear powder". good luck!

Yes, a NEW product out the market called ConcealaPore. This is a fantastic product that truly works. Go to http://www.concealapore.com

Try using Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum under your makeup as a base. It has peptides, etc. that really fill pores and lines and make your skin very soft and even. It gets better over time as you continue to use it morning and night. It's great stuff!

I have unfortunately been cursed with large pores too. After spending alot of money and trying tones of creams the dermatologists simply state that it is genetic. The only makeup that I have found that REALLY does work is CLINIQUE pore minimizer instant perfector. Yes, the large insightly pores return as soon as you wash your face but it works wonders while I am wearing it. It costs around $22 and is worth more than gold to me.

You must try Concealapore Large Pore Corrector for excellent coverage that will camouflage those particular visually large pore sites translucently. It is fantastic, the next best product! It gives me confidence knowing that no one is starring at these large holes on my face. It invisibly conceals enlarged pores instantly and gives confident all day coverage. You can buy it at http://www.concealapore.com.

the most amazing coverup for large pores and blackheads that I've found is "Dr. Brandts, Pores No More" it feels like silk and hides everything.

The best thing I have discovered for large pores is by DHC. It is called velvet skin coat. Apply it before your make-up and it makes your skin look flawless. DHCcare.com. To actually reduce pores, retina a is best.

You might try Concealapore. It is a translucent concealer base that makes large pore sites disappear from sight. Really great product that lasts and gives great coverage.

Vincent Longo Dew Finish is the best one I've tried so far. Expen$ive, but worth it. Make sure you get the Dew Finish, though (he has different formulas). If you go to Sephora, you can get a free sample that will last you about a week, which will enable you to try before you "invest." :-)

I just posted on someone else's comments that a primer helps make up stay in place, but it can also help minimize pores. In my effort to stay frugal, I bypass Smashbox and Urban Decay primers and instead use Monistat Chafing Gel. This does help minimize pores and it costs 1/3 of the price of high end primers.

http://review-monistat-face-primer.uncensoredguides.com/

I posted on another question regarding makeup also, take a look if you will. I suggested using Milk of Magnesia as a great base to hold the makeup on as well as it tightens the pores. The stuff is easy to find at any store and is CHEAP for a large bottle. Apply with a cotton ball to the face especially the large pores as this will shrink and tighten them but do remember to use a good moistureizer when you wash your face off at night, I recomend using avacado mashed and blended with virgin olive oil,leave on about 10 minutes and wash off then use a night moistureizer. We use this in theatrical makeup for stage shows. The M.O.M. also will keep your make up looking fresh all day as well. Good luck!

A woman with a pore strip on her nose.
Reducing the Appearance of Large Pores
Girl Playtime Make-up
Faux Make-up For Playtime
Mascara
Removing Eye Makeup Stains from Fabric
Homemade Halloween Makeup
Homemade Halloween Makeup
foundation makeup
Keeping Makeup From Rubbing Off On Clothing
🎉
🎄