Makeup Tips for Large Pores

Category Skin Care
Woman with Large Pores
If you have large pores applying makeup can be a challenge at times. This is a guide about makeup for large pores.

I have large pores on my nose and on the skin on either side of my nose. I call it "orange peel" skin because nothing conceals the pore size. The rest of my facial skin is normal and has no large pores. Every makeup I've used settles in these pores and looks bad at the end of the day. Does anyone have a brand of makeup that is best or any tips for this problem?
-ATB

Best Answer

Hi ATB,

A few tips to clean and then shrink pores. Fill your sink with very hot water and lean over the sink with a towel around your face and head to open the pores and then cool the water to a comfortable level and wash the area with the enlarged pores with a good exfoliator.

Old coffee grounds or raw corn meal work just as well as any of the commercial products, but if you prefer professional products, St Ives makes a good exfoliating cleanser. It has ground apricot kernels in it as the exfoliating agent. The rest of the ingredients in it are just to make it look, feel and smell nice.

Then splash the area with cool-not cold water and gently pat dry. If any of the pores look as if they still have anything in them, rub the area gently with a piece of raw potato, and let the juice from the potato dry- This really cleans them out big time!

After the juice has dried, gently rinse with cool water, and pat dry. Now comes the sneaky part. Mix the raw white of an egg with a quarter to a half teaspoon of lemon juice, orange juice or lime juice. Whisk the ingredients together and apply lightly to the area in question. Let it dry and leave it on. Apply a very light amount of makeup, and you should be good to go.

I have used this and it worked well for me. I hope it works well for you. PS-exfoliate no more than three times a week, but you can use the egg white/juice every day. If you find the juice is too strong, use less, or omit it totally. It's the egg white that matters most.

- Colleen

Best Answer

I have unfortunately been cursed with large pores too. After spending alot of money and trying tones of creams the dermatologists simply state that it is genetic. The only makeup that I have found that REALLY does work is CLINIQUE pore minimizer instant perfector. Yes, the large insightly pores return as soon as you wash your face but it works wonders while I am wearing it. It costs around $22 and is worth more than gold to me.