Pin Cushions from Recycled Quilt
Don't throw away your old quilts; recycle them. Create pretty, heart-shaped pin cushions. You can add lace, buttons, etc. to decorate them. These would be great to sell at bazaars or craft shows. The one pictured has potpourri in the center covered with a lace medallion.
Approximate Time Less than 30 minutes
- old quilt
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- scrap of fabric for backing
- Cut out a 6 inch heart shape from quilt and from fabric for backing.
- With right sides of quilt and fabric together, sew a 1/ inch seam all the way around the heart except leave a small hole to turn the heart. (If using lace, be sure to sandwich the lace around the edge before sewing the pieces together.)
- Turn inside out so that right sides are showing. Stuff with fiberfill and sew up opening.
- Decorate with additional lace or buttons on the quilted side.
By Angela from Wilkesboro, NC
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
August 28, 20071 found this helpful
This is a great idea. I have used old quilts to make beds for my doggie. Just cut to the size you want and either sew up the four corners or velcro them to give the bed sides like the fancy ones they sell in pet shops. Thanks for sharing this idea with us.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 8, 2016 at 11:22:00 PM on 10.0.2.166 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us