Gasoline Killed the Grass

I have a condo and the people that mow the grass used a big lawn mower that leaked a lot of gasoline last fall. I noticed the grass was turning brown and this spring the grass was dead. I've replanted grass seed numerous times and it will not come up. What should I do to get grass to grow in these spots?

By Settler from Springboro, OH

Talk to the one that hired this person,let them know what's going on,they need to replace the gas tank,good luck.

Time would take care of the spots, although it would take a while. To take care of it yourself, you would need to dig up about 3 or 4 inches of the soil under each spill and dispose of it prior to repairing the grass at those spots.

Home and Garden Gardening LawnJune 26, 2009
Disposing of Old Gasoline, Red gas can.
Disposing of Old Gasoline
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Wooden bookshelf.
Removing Gasoline Smell from Wood Furniture
Johnson Grass
Getting Rid of Johnson Grass