Is Ferret Food Safe for Cats?

My cats are crazy about my ferret's food. When I am not watching they eat in their bowls. Is ferret food dangerous for them?

By Sylvie from Plantagenet, Ontario, Canada

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

It's absolutely fine. In the opposite direction, ferrets are often fed cat food. That really isn't a good idea as ferrets are more carniverous than cats and require a higher animal protein diet than cats. My cats always snacked on what they could reach in the ferrets' cage.

Pets CatsJune 5, 2010
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
ferrets in their hammock
Setting Up a Ferret Cage
Ferret
Removing Ferret Urine Odors from Floors
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:41:49 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.