Uses for an Unneeded Bed Skirt

Ever buy a bed-in-a-bag and not need the skirt? Well, I came up with some perfect uses for it.

Items made from Bedskirt

Simple Valance topper

I took the skirt length wise and made a slip 1 1/4 inch to fit the rod. Check your rod for measurements. The hem is already done for you. Simple Valance topper.

Items made from Bedskirt

Outlet and Switch Covers

Items made from Bedskirt

Then I took the switch and five outlets and cut about an inch in material longer both length/width wise of each plate. I hot glued the material to the plate. What's nice about hot glue is it can be taken off quite easily for changing decor look. Take some small scissors to cut out material for switches and plug-ins. Hot glue or tape to the back side.

Items made from Bedskirt

Picture Frames or Small Pillows

You can also cover picture frames or make small pillows for the bed. Most Bed-in-bags come with shams. I still have a lot of extra material to do something else if I desire. A fun coordinating way to use the skirt.

By Jennifer CA

Cool what a great idea and thank you for sharing

your tips. I have a white ruffle that I nearly threw

away and now I will dig it out and use it.!

Brava! Wonderful decorating.

Thank you for your brilliant ideas!

I just thought of something else...Cloth napkins.

Take a paper napkin or a cloth one you have in the closet as the pattern.

Thank you for your nice comments...

Maryanne, the Oracle and meoowmom.

Don't we just love ThriftyFun!

Jennifer CA

Excellent idea!!! Maybe another use could be to make a remote holder that hangs by your bedside, and for those who like dresser scarves, I think they would also work for that as well.

Laura in NH

Laura,

Thanks for the remote idea! Maybe you can make one to show us how to go about it exactly? Were you thinking... hanging from between the mattresses? Great idea!

Jennifer CA

Great ideas - all! It's nice to repurpose things & get creative. Great job. I found a baby sheet on the side of the road with some other free things . The people had moved & that's what they left behind for trash. I was wondering what I could do with it. It has lt. Blue at the top-about a 3 in. Thick stripe & the rest is white w/trees, flowers, birds & a sleeping teddy bear embroidered on it near the top of the sheet. Right under the blue banner. Any ideas? I don't have small windows, so no curtains. Thanks.

Bed Skirts
Craft Uses for Bed Skirts
Crafts Recycled CraftsOctober 18, 2005
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎉
🎄