Spray Painting Plastic Lawn Furniture

Is it ok to spray paint plastic lawn/patio furniture? I have a basic plastic set (chairs and a table), but the plain white is boring, so I want to spray paint them in a color so they look cuter in my backyard.

Sarah from Moline, IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Yep, there is a special spray paint just for plastic furniture and similar items! It comes in quite a few colors too!

Don't use just any old spray paint... Be sure to buy the type of spray paint made JUST for plastic even though it may cost a bit more, It'll last much longer! It works by BONDING with the plastic, amazingly enough... The only problem you may have, is that your furniture will only be COATED with the color. It won't go all the way through. So be sure to bring your painted lawn furniture inside for the winter season.

I myself like Green backyard furniture because I like the way it blends in with the trees & lawn...

I'm lucky because you can usually find plastic furniture in that color.

Yeah, Krylon makes a new paint specifically for paininting plastics. You can find more information on it here. http://www.krylon.com/main/product_ ... levelid=10&content=product_list.

Also, I would recommend using a spray painting respirator. I bought one online not to long ago from Cooper Safety. There fairly inexpensive and do a great job.

I bought the 3M spray painting respirator kit.

Cooper Safety

http://www.coopersafety.com

Yes, use the spray paint mentioned in the other posts. Used it and it works and looks great!

We used the Krylon Fusion to paint our deck set....from white to sandy color. Looked great and we were so happy till we saw that now it has chipped off in spots and the white is showing through.

I wrote to Krylon and have been asked how my husband prepped the furniture which I will first have to ask him. Also we left it out on the deck over the Winter.

Anyway, now I'm not so thrilled about the outcome. We saved money over buying a new set; however the results are not what we expected.

Answer

Home and Garden Home Improvement FurnitureApril 21, 2008
Lawn being replaced by moss.
Getting Rid of Moss in Your Lawn
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 28, 2016 at 9:05:20 PM on 10.0.0.18 in 394 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.