No Shredder? Burn Your Personal Paperwork

Clearing out that pile of old bank statements, getting rid of old pay stubs or old income tax forms? If you have a paper shredder, you're good to go! I don't have a shredder, but I do have a chiminey! I burn them! Just a few at a time while we're relaxing around the fire. It's fast and easy!

By Deb H. from East Brunswick, NJ

I burn my old bank statements, etc. I'm afraid to put them in with my garbage. Who knows who filters through looking for account numbers! I encourage my grown children to do the same.

My mother has burned up so many paper shredders that she now saves all her papers for camping season and thats how we get our firewood to start burning.

Another way to handle this kind of paperwork is to soak it in a dishpan with very hot water into which you've dissolved some detergent. Let the papers soak, then remove them from the water, and wring them out (like you would a wet towel) and let the wad of paper dry, still twisted up. It will be a solid block of paper when it dries -- it can be burned in your fireplace or just thrown away.

Budget & Finance Identity TheftApril 29, 2009
Health Insurance Claims Paperwork
Organizing Health Insurance Paperwork
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Organizing Household Paperwork
Organizing Household Paperwork
🎄
🍂