Washing Knives in the Dishwasher

Never get stuck by a knife again! When loading your dishwasher, place your sharp knives in the very back silverware space. This way you'll always know where they are and never reach in and get cut again.

By Harm0ny

I put a plastic mesh scrubbie in the bottom of one of the silverware holders. Then I stick the sharp knives point down into it. No more getting cut on knives sticking up and this keeps the knives from slipping through the bottom of the silverware holder.

I always put the silverware in the basket point down. Forks , too, can jab if you reach in blindly. I take the whole basket out when I empty the dishwasher, take it to the drawer and empty it there.

I thought that washing knives in the dishwasher was a no-no because it dulled the cutting blade.

Here here to points down in the dishwasher.... Not only is it safer as far as getting stuck, you also may retrieve the silverware and knives without handling the ends that go into your families mouths.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesSeptember 17, 2004
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
Old Rusty Sheath Knife
Removing Rust from Knives
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 5:12:25 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.