Trash Cans for Moving Food

When ever I move, I never want to take my old outside trash cans with me. So when I am moving, I buy two or three new trash cans with wheels. Then when I am packing up all of my grocery items, I place the food items such as can goods, box goods, canister items, spices, etc. in the trash cans. Should a glass jar break, it is contained within the can. Plus, with the wheels on the trash can, you may put a great deal weight in them and still move the cans easily.

By Kimberly Anne from Lakeland, FL

This is a fantastic idea! Where were you on all my past moves! LOL This is really perfect. Another use for them would be to pack books in them too. Those are another heavy item that would be great in a trash can with wheels. Books, Knick-Knacks, dishes, pots & pans, small appliances, now that I'm thinkihng about it there's lots of things that could go in them! This one's definitely a thumbs way up!

Anonymous

It's a good idea but what do you do with the old trash cans? I hope you at least donate them to the next tenant or a neighbor instead of having them hauled away to the dump.

Be watchful though! I did that on my last move and I was frantically looking for my food, only to find that the movers had "helpfully" placed my trash cans down by the curb.

Clean trash cans are great for hauling most anything. Secure the lid with a bungee cord and you can haul it in the back of your truck and not worry about your stuff getting wet or blowing out.

You should win with this one. Also a great idea when kids are moving out for the first time. They don't have as much to move usually.