Keep Drawers Closed With Cellophane During a Move

When moving, be careful not to use tape on your furniture to hold dresser or night stand drawers closed. The tape can easily damage the finish, especially in hot weather. Use a self clinging cellophane wrap. It can be purchased on different size rolls at hardware stores, UPS, and office supplies. It can be wrapped around lamps or fragile items also.

By Linda from Arlington, TX

I used bluetak on all my drawers last time I moved and it worked very well

If you are speaking of Shrink Wrap Cellophane, it's so expensive that I could NEVER afford it. Several friends use it in their shipping departments. Is there another more affordable cellophane used for shipping? About how much should it cost a roll? : )

plastic cling wrap works great! You can get a roll of it pretty cheap and you can even wrap your remote control right on your television so that when you arrive at your new home you don't have to search for it. you can cling wrap a drawer so that all the contents stay inside. There's so much you can do with it!

You can use duct tape if you do not let it touch the furniture. Wrap the piece in a quilt and duct tape the quilt. The drawers will stay closed.

I use painter blue tape. It works well also.

Thanks more tips like those and life will be a lot more easier. Keep it up.

Lynda is so right! It sounds like the poster is talking about shrink wrap, and that stuff is very expensive! What I do is I take scrap material and wrap it around the dresser going top to bottom and running it through the drawer pulls (or wrapping it around each pull once if you have knobs instead of the handle type). Then I tie it tight up on top. This keeps the drawers from coming out without damaging the piece. It only takes one strip per furniture piece.

If you don't have enough scrap material around the house, you can go to yard sales or thrift shops and pick up some cheap sheets and cut them into strips.