Kayla And Lakota (Golden Lab/German Shepard)

Kayla (the black one) and Lakota (named after the Lakota tribe in the Dakota's) are 1 year old sisters. They are a Golden Lab and German Shep mix. We went to North Dakota last year to visit our son and his wife before he got deployed. We had told them we hoped to find a Shep. mix while we were up there. My daughter-in-law was reading the ads in the paper and said German Shep mix puppies for sale, $35.00 each. We called and drove 30 miles to take a peek. I couldn't decide on which puppy to get so my husband told me I could have both :)

Believe it or not, they love to chase rocks! Kayla is a great third basedog and Lakota in a wonderful outfielder! They can be sound asleep until they hear us picking up a rock! they take their places at the end of the driveway and wait for a rock (pebble) to be tossed so they can 'fetch' it. They love peanut butter! I can start singing the song: 'A peanut sat on a railroad track, it's heart was in a flutter, down the track came a choo choo train, choo choo peanut butter' and they are laying, sitting, shaking, begging all at the same time, not knowing what I'm going to ask them to do :)

We have 4 dogs altogether. Each a blessing. My brother has commented that when he dies he wants to come back as one of our dogs. Now that's a compliment!

By Laurie from Pahrump, NV

Kayla and Lakota

They're adorable. They must be big now that they're a year old. And they sound so sweet and intelligent. I'm happy for you that you all found each other. Good luck to your son and daughter-in-law.

Oh they are truly the most adorable pups. I am soooo in love right now. ...and jealous. All the best to your son, please tell him we are proud of him and hope he and all our servicemen come home safely and soon. Oh yes, I get a kick out the name of your town. Best Wishes and give kisses to the fuzzy ones for me. ~ Holly in Ga.

How could anyone be expected to make up their mind? Of course you had to take both! They're adorable.

Greetings from southern Utah.

Thanks for sharing the photo and wonderful story about your new pups.

I love the song, too!

P.S. We also have four dogs.

The dark one looks as if there are Doberman colorings. They are so CUTE! God love 'um, and bless you. : )

double lovings with those two sweeties...

Thank You to Everyone and the well wishes for my son and his wife. They will be here next month for 2 weeks. I will tell them Thank You from all @ ThriftyFun

OHHH - what sweet little angels!! It's good you were able to get them both! Thanks for sharing!!

Photos Pets DogsJune 22, 2007
Golden Birthday Party
Golden Birthday Party Ideas
Golden Birthday Invitation
Golden Birthday Invitation Ideas
Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)
Golden Retriever/Chow Mix Photos
Golden Birthday Present
Golden Birthday Present Ideas
🎄