Uses for Clear Plastic Packaging

I bought some linen recently which was wrapped in thick clear plastic, like a wallet. My husband bought underpants contained in the same material. I don't want to just throw this clear plastic away - surely it could have another use? Windows for a doll's house perhaps? (which I don't really want to make!) Does anyone have any ideas? They'd be gratefully accepted!

Cheers,
Virginia Cooke from Canberra, Australia

I put out of season clothing and blankets in what I think you're talking about.

Make sure you open the package carefully and you can re-use it for storage.

I use stuff like that to cover pictures that I have on my refrigerator, to protect them if they happen to get knocked onto the floor.

I have a large one that a bed and comfortor set came in that houses our volleyball and net, and another for a badmitten set. I have ones that I keep stuff in inside the trunk of my car to keep items clean and dust free-one ontains my first aid kit, a flare set, writing paper, deck of cards and a blanket. I add a few more with more blankets and socks, gloves and hats during the winter since we are 21 miles out from the city.

I use them for seasonal bedding. This time of year over here is fall, so the flannel sheets come out from under the bed, and the warm weather ones go in. They are also great for sleepovers, craft projects you are taking on a trip, or anything you need to see but keep clean. I esp' love the ones with the zippers and baggage handles.

How about using a large piece to cover cook books when you are using them, so dirt doesn't fall onto the pages?

I use smaller ones (from curtains and underwear) to store my "white" lace and satin fabric in.

Crafts Recycled CraftsSeptember 22, 2008
Plastic Packaging
Removing Plastic Packaging
Yellow Plastic Container on White Background
Uses for Plastic Packaging
Reusing Bakery Packaging
Reusing Bakery Packaging
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄