Starting a Tanning Salon

I'm opening a tanning salon and need some supplies to get started. Does anyone know where I can order the things I need and pay within a month? That way I can get on my feet.

By Kellie from Liberty, KY

Have you checked with various suppliers? Do you have the license and have a location for the salon? Some locations have a group of retired business people that help other people start up small businesses. I think that organization is called SCORE.

I should add that organization doesn't help financially, but with advice. If you can find a group in your area like that they might be able to help you find what you are looking for.

Tough time to start, I just read that many tanning salons are closing due to business falling off with the new 10% tax. I hope you succeed,we need more people like you willing to take a risk and start a new business.

If you Google 'Tanning Salon Supplies Wholesale' you should be able to find 800#'s for the ones I saw listed. The supplier I used and trusted when I had a hairstyling salon with a tanning bed is no longer in business :-( Just be sure to make a long list of questions to ask these companies including shipping costs. You might also call all your local beauty supply stores and ask who they recommend. Beauty supply stores do sell some items like lotions and stickers.

I would also advise getting business liability insurance.

Check out this link for further information of what is happening in the tanning bed industry right now including the 10% tax: ... -tanning-salon-tax-gives-owners.html

And here's one more article you should think about because, besides money shortages right now, is a change in attitude regarding tanning beds:

http://media.www.reflector-online.c ... all.To.Consider.Health-3900243.shtml

I wish you sincere good luck to you in your venture!

Come over from the dark side and don't start a business that can lead to your customers' developing skin cancer. Tanning beds are the devil's creation! There is no reason to pay to damage your skin. All sun tans are skin damage so there is no such thing as a healthy tan. And I am quoting my dermatologist on this. Here in Florida, sunscreen is a must. We get enough rays just walking to and from parking lots.

I own a tanning salon in Missouri. I don't have the number handy, but call Four Seasons Tanning Supply in Paris, TN. Ask for Kelly. They are absolutely the nicest people and can give you lots of advice on just about everything. E-mail me if you want some suggestions.

I'm a redhead. I don't tan. But if people want to, they should be able to. I fully believe in live and let live. Too many people want to meddle in other peoples lives.

However, starting in 2011 there will be a 10% tax added to tanning salon services as part of the Health Reform Act. Just keep that in mind. Some people may decide with the economy the way it has been that they can do without tanning.

An open tanning bed.
Starting a Tanning Salon
Business and Legal BusinessApril 7, 2010
Woman tanning next to a pool.
Homemade Tanning Oil Recipes
beautifully designed kitchen
Starting an Interior Design Business
Curlers in brunette hair for a perm.
How To Do A Perm At Home
Trumpet Vine Seed Pods
Starting a Trumpet Vine From Seed Pods