Nesting Containers for More Storage Space

If you are like me and have limited space and keep plastic containers, I found a great solution. Keeping in mind the Nesting Dolls, I found that with a little planning, I can keep smaller ones inside bigger ones, inside even bigger ones!

This is a spice container (upside down so you can see the lid), inside a peanut butter jar inside a mayo jar. As long as the smaller one goes through the other loose enough to get out easily, then you are good to go!

I do the same thing with plastic containers to save room too. Little Rubbermaid, inside larger Tupperware, inside larger Sterilite, and so on. Hope this helps!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

Your trick for nesting containers caught my eye. I also nest them but have found that an old plastic dishpan (from camping days) is a good clean container for holding them on a lower cupboard shelf. When I find that I have too many for the dishpan, I start weeding them out. In times past when we had a large family and I needed more frozen storage containers I kept another dishpan full in the basement. These days for two people one is enough!

My husband has a work shop on our property where he likes to tinker around on home fix it chores. In his shop, he has many glass and plastic recycled jars from mayonnaise, jams, peanut butter, etc. He has screwed the lids to the underside of a shelf above his work table and he filled the jars with different sized screws, nails, bits of this and bits of that, that he uses on his many projects.