Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Mother's Day Banquet Idea

A few years ago I helped get together a Mother's Day banquet themed: A Potpourri of Memories. As a party favor we did multicolored bags filled with potpourri, and put together a small book of poems and readings about mothers in all stages of life, the poems were: To Daughter, to Son, A Single Mother, HIS Mother, Mothers Prayer, Those little red sneakers, prayer for those who live alone, Love and pet me now (for older mothers). The guest speaker was an older Mother recalling memories of child raising.

I am very proud of this and would gladly copy and share these poems with anyone who would like to use it for their church banquet. Email me @ Shearerrv(at)aol.com and leave an address.

By

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By sabrinah02/27/2014

Hello my name is Sabrina and I am doing a mothers day event. I was wondering is there anyway that you can share the poems with me? Thank you

By Anne Abell G.05/27/2013

I too would like to use your banquet poems, readings and ideas, please. We are already collecting ideas for our next year's Mother's day banquet. You can email them to me: ladyorkeyatyahoo.com
Thank you.

By datcha51704/04/2013

I would like the poems and details of the Potporri themed banquet please.

By Momma JJ01/22/2012

Please send me info & poems. We are having a Mother/Son Banquet. My email is jjfezz AT yahoo.com
Thanks :)

By Wendy04/26/2011

I would also like to have the details for the poems and how you made the potpourri bags. My email is WWHU1994@aol.com

By Linda Goodrich04/20/2011

I would love to have a copy of the poems. Sounds like a great idea. My email is linda.goodrich@comcast.net,
Thanks,
Linda Goodrich

By Sarah03/06/2011

I would love to see the poem and use this idea for my church's Mother's Day celebration. If you could email the info to sarahskiddycare@embarqmail.com.
Thank you,
Sarah

By QueenMarie02/18/2011

I would like a copy of the poems and any other information you have about "A Potpourri of Memories" banquet. I am always looking for something new. Thanks for your help. Would you be able to email the info at queenmariecooperatgmail.com.

By Aletha02/11/2011

I would be interested in have some more information on the potpourri of memories if you could email me at ajreitz@verizon.net. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

By KaTori 12/30/2010

Hi! I would love to use your poems! My mother and I are in charge of the program this year and i feel like this would be a perfect fit for us! Thanks!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Mother's Day Banquet Idea

A few years ago I helped get together a Mother's Day banquet themed: A POTPOURRI OF MEMORIES. As a party favor we did multicolored bags filled with potpourri, and put together a small book of poems and readings about mothers in all stages of life, the poems were: To Daughter, To Son, A Single Mother, HIS Mother, Mothers Prayer, Those Little Red Sneakers, Prayer for Those Who Live Alone, Love and Pet Me Now (for older mothers). The guest speaker was an older Mother recalling memories of child raising.

I am very proud of this and would gladly copy and share these poems with anyone who would like to use it for their church banquet. Email me @ Shearerrv AT aol.com and leave an address.

By Sharon Shearer

RE: Mother's Day Banquet Idea

I would love to have these poems! I am in charge of a banquet and I'm sure these poems will be used! Thanks. (04/01/2008)

By Beth Olah