Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Mother's Day Banquet Idea

3EmailPrintFollowSave

A few years ago I helped get together a Mother's Day banquet themed: A Potpourri of Memories. As a party favor we did multicolored bags filled with potpourri, and put together a small book of poems and readings about mothers in all stages of life, the poems were: To Daughter, to Son, A Single Mother, HIS Mother, Mothers Prayer, Those little red sneakers, prayer for those who live alone, Love and pet me now (for older mothers). The guest speaker was an older Mother recalling memories of child raising.

I am very proud of this and would gladly copy and share these poems with anyone who would like to use it for their church banquet. Email me @ Shearerrv(at)aol.com and leave an address.

By

By KaTori 1 12/30/2010 Flag

Hi! I would love to use your poems! My mother and I are in charge of the program this year and i feel like this would be a perfect fit for us! Thanks!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Aletha 1 02/11/2011 Flag

I would be interested in have some more information on the potpourri of memories if you could email me at ajreitz@verizon.net. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By QueenMarie 1 02/18/2011 Flag

I would like a copy of the poems and any other information you have about "A Potpourri of Memories" banquet. I am always looking for something new. Thanks for your help. Would you be able to email the info at queenmariecooperatgmail.com.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sarah 1 03/06/2011 Flag

I would love to see the poem and use this idea for my church's Mother's Day celebration. If you could email the info to sarahskiddycare@embarqmail.com.
Thank you,
Sarah

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Linda Goodrich 1 04/20/2011 Flag

I would love to have a copy of the poems. Sounds like a great idea. My email is linda.goodrich@comcast.net,
Thanks,
Linda Goodrich

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Wendy 1 04/26/2011 Flag

I would also like to have the details for the poems and how you made the potpourri bags. My email is WWHU1994@aol.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Momma JJ 1 01/22/2012 Flag

Please send me info & poems. We are having a Mother/Son Banquet. My email is jjfezz AT yahoo.com
Thanks :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By datcha517 1 04/04/2013 Flag

I would like the poems and details of the Potporri themed banquet please.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Anne Abell G. 1 05/27/2013 Flag

I too would like to use your banquet poems, readings and ideas, please. We are already collecting ideas for our next year's Mother's day banquet. You can email them to me: ladyorkeyatyahoo.com
Thank you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By sabrinah 1 02/27/2014 Flag

Hello my name is Sabrina and I am doing a mothers day event. I was wondering is there anyway that you can share the poems with me? Thank you

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Nisey 1 02/27/2015 Flag

Please share your book of poems and potpourri ideas. Thanks

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Post a Comment

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Mother's Day Banquet Idea

A few years ago I helped get together a Mother's Day banquet themed: A POTPOURRI OF MEMORIES. As a party favor we did multicolored bags filled with potpourri, and put together a small book of poems and readings about mothers in all stages of life, the poems were: To Daughter, To Son, A Single Mother, HIS Mother, Mothers Prayer, Those Little Red Sneakers, Prayer for Those Who Live Alone, Love and Pet Me Now (for older mothers). The guest speaker was an older Mother recalling memories of child raising.

I am very proud of this and would gladly copy and share these poems with anyone who would like to use it for their church banquet. Email me @ Shearerrv AT aol.com and leave an address.

By Sharon Shearer

Feedback:

RE: Mother's Day Banquet Idea

I would love to have these poems! I am in charge of a banquet and I'm sure these poems will be used! Thanks. (04/01/2008)

By Beth Olah