Mother's Day Banquet Ideas

Category Parties
Churches and other organizations typically plan banquets to honor mothers on their special day. Planning the food, favors, and perhaps activities centered around moms can be fun and allow you to exercise your creativity. This is a guide about Mother's Day banquet ideas.

A few years ago I helped get together a Mother's Day banquet themed: A Potpourri of Memories. As a party favor we did multicolored bags filled with potpourri, and put together a small book of poems and readings about mothers in all stages of life, the poems were: To Daughter, to Son, A Single Mother, HIS Mother, Mothers Prayer, Those little red sneakers, prayer for those who live alone, Love and pet me now (for older mothers). The guest speaker was an older Mother recalling memories of child raising.

I am very proud of this and would gladly copy and share these poems with anyone who would like to use it for their church banquet. Email me @ Shearerrv(at)aol.com and leave an address.

Ice breakers are a useful way to get a group of people talking prior to a more orchestrated event. This is a guide about ice breakers for a Mother's Day banquet.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

How can I decorate for my church banquet for mother's? We are doing a "Country Picnic" theme and would like to use red-checkered tablecloths for our 8-ft. tables, but what to do after that?

By Stephanie

Answers

Best Answer

Baskets! Lots of baskets in all sizes, marching up and down the center of the tables. Inside , a few glass jars- can be canning jars, old mayo jars or what have you, and a few sprigs of blossoms and/or greenery depending on your budget- this makes a few flowers go a long way.
If you have matching napkins, then maybe here and there a napkin tucked in and draped over the edge of a basket. Tiny badkets( dollar store party favors) could be used as place card favors with a few kisses in each.
If it is buffet , then roll cutlery in napkins , tie with twine and place bundles in a basket for easy access.
Use another basket for rolls and breads, basket trays to hold condiments, and one or more large baskets full of goodies as door prizes.

Inexpensive baskets can be picked up at yard sales and thrift shops, and can be sprayed wth soap and water if they need a cleaning. Rinse quickly and set outside to dry.
Happy Mothers Day!

A few years ago I helped get together a Mother's Day banquet themed: A POTPOURRI OF MEMORIES. As a party favor we did multicolored bags filled with potpourri, and put together a small book of poems and readings about mothers in all stages of life, the poems were: To Daughter, To Son, A Single Mother, HIS Mother, Mothers Prayer, Those Little Red Sneakers, Prayer for Those Who Live Alone, Love and Pet Me Now (for older mothers). The guest speaker was an older Mother recalling memories of child raising.

I am very proud of this and would gladly copy and share these poems with anyone who would like to use it for their church banquet. Email me @ Shearerrv AT aol.com and leave an address.

By Sharon Shearer

Answers:

Mother's Day Banquet Idea

I would love to have these poems! I am in charge of a banquet and I'm sure these poems will be used! Thanks. (04/01/2008)

By Beth Olah