FloorsCleaning

Cleaning a Parquet Floor

I just moved to a new house and I never had a parquet floor before. I vacuumed the house but I can still see some dust, and I need to clean it. I heard water is not good for wooden floors, can someone please help me with some advice?

Kate

Answers

These are tough floors. As a professional house cleaner, I have to agree with the apple cider vinegar. I mix it with hot water (hot water dries very fast) and use a microfiber hardwood floor cloth that I wring out very well. Works great, You can even do it on your hands and knees. if you're concerned with getting moisture on the floor you can scrub with one hand and dry with the other.

January 3, 2009 Flag

Kate

Answers:

Cleaning a Parquet Floor

I clean houses for a living. I have a customer who has a parquet floor. She has complained she can't get it to look clean. Always dull. I use a damp mop and apple cider vinegar. Works wonderful! (05/09/2007)

By busdrivr

Cleaning a Parquet Floor

Swifter (dry) works great too. (05/09/2007)

By Noella

Cleaning a Parquet Floor

Where I work we have parquet flooring in the foyer of our building. The cleaner uses a mop dampened with water and vinegar to clean the floors. The mop has to be well rung out as wood floors do not like being damp. (05/10/2007)

By raewyn vincent

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes