Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Dog With Eye Infection

My Maltese left eye has become infected over the last 2 to 3 days. He's keeping it shut but opens more when excited about getting his treat. He seems to be sleeping more and shivering more than normal. What do you think? If he just has pink eye, is there a home solution I can use or something over the counter I can buy?

Thanks for any helpful feedback.
LHWNetwork

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Lori V.04/12/2011

I have a maltese, Disney. She will be 6 years old in June 25, 2011. I have to wash her eyes almost all the time. She gets gunk in them. She has lately been getting a yellow discharge. I usually just wipe her eyes with a wet cloth and put drops called Opticlear - these are the best eye drops I've found(can buy online or at PetSmart for about $8). I also was wondering if I could use similasan for pink eye on her. They are all natural eye drops. Also, go to a website called petalive.com and they sell natural products for pets for almost everything.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Dog With Eye Infection

My Maltese left eye has become infected over the last 2 to 3 days. He's keeping it shut but opens more when excited about getting his treat. He seems to be sleeping more and shivering more than normal. What do you think?