Please Help Me Choose a Paint Color!

My master bedroom we just painted deep red (I love it). My hall wall is chocolate brown I still need to paint the two extra rooms! I need help deciding what color to paint them. Do you have any ideas?

Sarah from Hamburg, AR

I take it all these rooms can be seen from the hall so you want colors that coordinate? How about tan and a deep green? Red, green and browns coordinate well and, I think, give a luxurious, sophisticated look.

I like perfumed fan's suggestion.

I have azul carmel in one bathroom and volga blue in another and I need help in selecting a paint color for the walls. I was told a warm silver but I am leaning to the warm blues.

February 26, 2008 Flag

First off I'm 14, my 22 year old sister is moving in this summer and we have to share rooms. I need serious help with color choices for my new room. I like deep colors like olive/forest green, maroon, navy and brown but I don't want the room to be too dark or too hard to re-paint.

What should I do??

Please Help Me Choose a Paint Color!

Try hanging fabric on the wall using liquid starch to keep it up. When you want to change decor just moisten the fabric and peel it off. (05/03/2004)

By Cheryl

Please Help Me Choose a Paint Color!

Dark colors can be a drag when it you have to paint the room again. My suggestion would be to find a light color that goes with colors you like. Paint the light color and then find decorations with the darker colors that you like. I like to paint rooms in different colors but I haven't been happy with rooms that I have painted with dark colors. (05/03/2004)

By Debbie

Please Help Me Choose a Paint Color!

Cheryl's feedback is an excellent idea! You can use a king or queen sized sheet as fabric. You can also take any color you like, and mix it with white or eggshell to give you your exact color in a lighter shade. Most paint/hardware stores have color charts you can pick from. You can use a wall boarder of a darker color or print, using liquid starch, either in the same color but deeper hue than your paint, or you can go with an echo of your accent colors. Deep colors can be represented with bedspreads, throw pillows, curtains, throw rugs, lamp shades, or any decorations. Good luck. It's nice meet a young lady whose caring and responsible enough to be concerned about repainting. (05/03/2004)

By Doggy

Please Help Me Choose a Paint Color!

My husband suggested blue violet, of course that is his favorite color. I think her older sister would love the color too.
Vonnie (05/05/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Please Help Me Choose a Paint Color!

What I did is paint one wall in my LR with hunter green. I chose the smallest wall but you can choose whichever you want to be a focal point or that isn't too large. This keeps it from 'darkening' the whole room! Then accent with the color. The other walls I painted linen white. Looks awesome and even the guys loved it! (05/05/2004)

By kristinwilson

Please Help Me Choose a Paint Color!

I've found that if you choose a medium shade of the color you love, it won't overpower the room or be too difficult to paint over. So, if you like brown, choose a medium shade of brown to give your room a rich warm color. Then you can still accent with the deep colors that you love, and it will blend together a lot better than going with a shade of off-white. I've also found it helpful to start with a fabric that you love and choose the room color and accent colors from that piece of fabric. Have fun! (04/21/2005)

By Jannette

Couple Choosing Paint Colors
Choosing Paint Colors
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceFebruary 26, 2008
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick