Party with Victorian Wild West Theme

My cousin is getting married and I am throwing the bridal shower, but we have all been to a million showers with the same old tired schedule and no creativity. She works at an art college and threw me a fantastic Mad Hatter tea party for my baby shower. I want to do something as fun and creative for her shower that goes along with her Victorian Wild West themed wedding invites. I am looking for a company that will come in and take old fashioned pictures but want other ideas that won't make it look like a hoedown theme...
K

:) ooh, that could be so much fun...

is this a bunch you could get to come in costume? even if it's just a matter of putting your hair up and wearing a long skirt (to hide the stockings and ruffled garter) it would be more fun than the average party...

getting plain fans, or the wooden ones with the patterns cut in them, and trimming them with lace or feathers for party favors,

getting a broad-brimmed hat to use as the base for the infamous 'bridal shower gift wrap hat' along with a yard of black tulle would make that into a hat worthy of the period...

having the guys 'raid' the place at the end to reclaim their mates (we did this with a pirate party, but our guys not only play along, they own their own costumes!)

using gold 'sherrif' stars to adorn the toothpicks for the finger food...

serving the wine in a container labeled 'laudanum'

cornbread, any way you want to serve it (I make mine with maple syrup and chipolte pepper sauce) brings more of the 'wild west' into it...

:) have 'tombstone' playing in the background?

(oh-http://www.theoldwestgallery.com/clothing_menu.htm )

YOU COULD DO SOME NON-TRADITIONAL GAMES LIKE....POKER, AND YES THE PREVIOUS IDEAS OF COSTUMING AS DANCE HALL GIRLS IS GREAT, AND I WOULD STRONGLEY SUGGEST THAT IN THE INVITATIONS OR ENTICE THEM WITH "BEST COSTUME WINS AN AWESOME PRIZE AND NOT JUST SOME TRINKET. IF SHE WORKS AT AN ART COLLEGE, GET SOME OF HER STUDENTS AND CO-WORKERS IN ON IT AS WELL, THEY ARE PROBABLY JUST AS CREATIVE AS SHE IS.

I'm currently planning a Wild West party for my sisters shower. The only thing that we have come up with that hasn't been mentioned is that we are having someone come in to teach us a dance or two. Good luck. If you have any more ideas keep me posted :)

Weddings Wedding ShowerSeptember 1, 2004
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
West Virginia Christmas Charities
Growing Lucky Bamboo
Growing "Lucky Bamboo"
Victorian Christmas tree
Christmas Tree Theme Ideas
🎉
🎄