Making Paper String

I found a great project for a spool knit necklace made out of paper string and I need instructions on how to make the string. I'm not sure what kind of paper to use, but it's definitely not ordinary copy paper.

Angela from Sault Ste Marie, ON

I have seen tutorials for making it on a few sites but can't remember which ones. Why not Google

'HOW TO MAKE PAPER STRING' and see what pops up? I do this all the time and find loads of information. Hope this helped.

Hi Angela, I found a site where they teach you how to 'Spin' newspaper into yarn and I think that is what you want. The site is:

Hope this helps, lisingreece

I just thought that I'd post the picture of the paper string project I'd like to try. The picture, along with the instructions, can be found in a book titled The Art of Jewelry: Paper Jewelry; written by Marthe Le Van and published by Lark Books. Definitely worth a look!

Crafts PaperOctober 13, 2008
Ball of string.
Organizing String
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper