Pulled String Art Painting
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 1, 2019
Read More Comments
This is a fun abstract painting technique using pieces of string to spread the paints around in lieu of just paintbrushes. This is a fantastic all-ages craft.
Make sure to put down newspapers on your work surface. You can place your painted strings on them between pulls.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 painting
- 1 canvas
- acrylic paints in several colours
- 1 paintbrush
- plastic containers (I used bases of water bottles)
- string or yarn
- gloves (optional)
- Spread the base colour of your painting down on the canvas.
- Make sure it's a nice thick layer and that you paint the sides of the canvas.
- Pour other colours of paint into their own plastic container.
- Submerge a piece of string into each colour of paint.
- Lay the pieces of string around the wet canvas.
- Gently tap down on the strings to make sure they stick to the canvas.
- Pick up the end of a string and pull down and outward so it slides off the painting, mixing with the other colours, creating a marbled effect.
- Keep submerging strings in paint and pulling across the canvas until you're satisfied with your work of art.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
May 10, 2018
Another type of fun painting is string art. The designs formed look mostly like flowers.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.