String Art Paintings
Vote for this contest contender!
Another type of fun painting is string art. The designs formed look mostly like flowers.
What I like most about this kind of painting is that you don't need a specific handstroke to create a nice design.
- string not shorter than 12 inches
- scissors (to cut string)
- clean sheet of paper
- scratch paper
- Choose a single color to paint the string.
- Brush the string with watercolor leaving an inch or two unpainted.
- Position the string onto a piece of clean paper. See image as a sample.
- Cover it with any scratch paper except for the unpainted tip.
- Now, slowly pull on the unpainted tip of the string.
- Remove the cover and see the effect.
- If you wish to combine colors in one string art, pick 3 or more different colors then paint the string alternately.
- Do the same steps and see the effects of combined colors. You can put that in a frame and display at home.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!