Labeling Mason Jars

What is the best way to label mason jars so that when I wash the jars the label does not come off? Also, I'd prefer labels that aren't too costly and, if possible, eco-friendly. Any ideas?

A from Maine

I've used permanent marker on the lids. After it dries, it seems to stay pretty well. I've been using this method for many years, eco-friendly and inexpensive. Hope this helps.

I use the same method as Darlene...A black Sharpy permanent marker. I write on the lid the contents and the date that I canned it. That way when you use the product and wash the jar, you don't have to change or redo the label. And the lid is only used once for canning.

Harlean from Arkansas

Food and Recipes CanningMay 21, 2007
Baking in Canning Jars
Baking in Canning Jars
Mason Jar Candy Dispenser
Making a Mason Jar Candy Dispenser
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
mason jar snack dispenser
Making a Mason Jar Snack Container
🎄