Frigidaire Range Burner Doesn't Heat Up

I have a Frigidaire range made in 1962 with model #RCIB-635-2. How do I get to the left rear switch? I have replaced the burner, but it will not heat. The light comes on beside the knob, but no heat. Can't get into it to see if it is the switch. Please let me know what to do.

By Carolyn from TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If your range is electric, the burner might not be inserted exactly right. I found that out one time when I took my burners off to clean the drip pans. When I put them back in the slots, one of them wouldn't heat, and I was really glad I discovered the problem before I contacted our apartment manager and complained about it. The stove is less than five years old and I really didn't think the burner could be burned out already.

Call someone to fix it or ask them to tell you what to do to fix it, good luck.

Old white electric range.
Repairing an Old Electric Range
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ranges & OvensNovember 6, 2009
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Stove Burner
Removing Melted Plastic from a Stove Burner
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:47:20 AM on 10.0.0.82 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.