Pumpkin Planter

Last fall I took a large pumpkin and cleaned it out, filled it with potting soil and put a mum plant in it. I used it as a decoration on my front porch. At the end of the season I took the mum/pumpkin and planted it in the ground. That mum came up great this year. I guess the pumpkin acted as good mulch for the mum.

This fall I'm going to get a few different sized mums and pumpkins and decorate my porch and yard.

By Caroline D. from NJ

September 22, 2009 Flag

Pumpkin Planter
Since it's coming up for Halloween, I thought after making my soup I'd put my pumpkin to good use. With some of my summer plants gone, I think this adds a bit of colour.

By Gillie from Banffshire, Scotland UK

Garden: Pumpkin Planter

I'd say that's re-CYCLING at its best. (10/24/2008)

By Di S.

Garden: Pumpkin Planter

Won't that rot? (10/27/2008)

By B3hr

Garden: Pumpkin Planter

That's 3 weeks and the pumpkin planter is still going strong, we have had very cold and wet weather with wind, rain, sleet and hail too. It will rot eventually though (10/31/2008)

By Gillie

Flowers Planted in Bicycle Basket
Creative Garden Planters
Home and Garden Gardening Creative PlantersSeptember 22, 2009
Geraniums in old wheelbarrow planter.
Making a Wheelbarrow Planter
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
Pumpkin Custard
Pumpkin Custard Recipes
A hanging bottle planter
Making a Plastic Soda Bottle Hanging Planter