Can I Use Kitty Litter for My Guinea Pig?

Can I use kitty litter for the guinea pig?

By Mary from WV

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I don't think you can because of the clumping factor and that the guinea pigs will eat the litter. The best thing to do is to get the guinea pigs fixed which should get rid of the strong urine smell.

Not all cat litter is clumping litter, but even non-clumping litter should not be used because it can indeed cause intestinal blockages if they eat it. It's best to use shredded paper and change it often or spend the money for guinea pig approved bedding.

Hello, No! Please do not use it. It can cause upper respiratory infection. Please use a product called Care fresh, do not use any pine shavings as they cause upper respiratory infections also

Answer

Pets Guinea Pigs AdviceSeptember 18, 2010
Girl wearing a pig costume with a pink straw hat.
Making a Pig Costume
Cute Guinea Pig
Giving Vitamin Supplements to Guinea Pigs
Kitty Litter Substitute
Kitty Litter Substitutes
Black cat in a litter box.
Kitty Litter Tips and Tricks
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 6:17:18 PM on 10.0.1.185 in 568 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.