How Do I Tie a Knot When Using the Handy Stitch Sewing Machine?

I have a Handy Stitch handheld sewing machine. How do you tie it off when you are done? I have sewed somethings, but at the end it will unravel if you pull the thread since it only goes one way. Thanking you in advance.

By Linda from Buffalo, MO

Since many hand held sewing machines use what is called a lock stitch and do not reverse, I would say your best bet would be to hand-tie a double knot at each end of your seam. Not an overhand knot but one where you tie a knot with both threads separately. Leave a good length of thread at each end to do it. Or perhaps a drop of washable fabric glue, it would seal your seams, if knotting is a problem for you.

Crafts SewingOctober 24, 2010
Square Knot
Tying a Square Knot (Reef Knot)
Getting Knots Out of a Gold Chain
Getting Knots Out of a Gold Chain
Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Using a Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine