Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Using Crockpot Insert in the Oven

You can use your removable crock pot/slow cooker stoneware insert in an oven. Be sure the insert does not have any cracks or breaks in it. I normally coat it with a cooking spray for easy clean-up. I don't use the lid, for fear it would crack or break. If I need to cover it, I use aluminum foil.

By mkymlp from NE, PA

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Anonymous [848]08/12/2010

This is a great idea but check with your manufacturer what the highest recommended temperature your insert can withstand before doing this!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Using Crockpot Insert in the Oven

I learned from my crock pot manufacturer's website that the ceramic insert can go into the oven up to 400 degrees F without the lid. I just add foil to cover.

Source: Rival website

By Jackie from Medinah, IL