Oily SkinSkin Care

Getting Rid of Shiny Skin

How do I make my face less shiny?

By Anna from TX

I use baby powder on my face before I apply cover girl makeup it works all day. If you get shiny during the day use cover girl compact powder on it, no fried foods, good luck.

Sometimes I go through periods where parts of my face get oily/shiny. I keep a packet of Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets in my purse.

http://www.drug  9904&tab=1#1

For me, they do a good job of soaking up the excess oil, without messing up any make up I might be wearing. They generally have good reviews, but a few people commented that the sheets made them break out (not me!). Best of luck!

Anonymous

A light fluffing of face powder that's a shade or two lighter than your skin tone. Baby powder definitely works too :-)

Hi, Anna! I don't know what your age is, but I started having the same problem, just this last summer- I'm 38, and live in a desert climate, but had never really had the problem before. I was also having trouble with breakouts, and a bunch of other skin changes. I found this stuff at Fred Meyer's, in the natural foods and goods section, called "Twinlab Na-PCA Non-oily, the Natural Moisturizing Factor in Human Skin". It's this spray stuff, that you spray on your hands, and then rub into your skin. It costs about $10 for 8 oz., but my first bottle lasted for 4 months (you only use a tiny bit!) It comes in a small, white spray bottle (like a small bottle of hairspray) with simple black lettering- no fancy logos or anything.

Since I've started using it, this last July, I haven't had to use a day-time moisturizer at all, and only use cream moisturizer at night- and my skin isn't dry OR oily anymore. It's really amazing stuff, and I'm able to use my regular makeup over it, without having any excess oil throughout the day. If you can find it, in your area, try it- it's totally worth it, and will save you $$ on face powders and oil-control cosmetics! (BTW, it's also doing wonders on evening out my skin tone, and reducing a few minor scars, too!) Good luck! :o)