Sunday School Craft

Last Sunday started Sunday school at church. I had my students answer some questions on a paper. They were questions about themselves including asking them their favorite place in the church it self. I plan on taking their photo in that favorite place and combining the written words on the questionnaire as a craft. I thought I had a good idea but don't know how to implement it or on what. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sandy from Baltimore

How about, "Everyone has a place in God's house" and how everyone is a uniquely perfect member of His household on earth and His mansion in heaven.

ok Gods house is great because we are doing friendships. but what to do??

I could see each child doing a scrapbook like page with the picture and things they wrote in the questionaire copied onto a colored page of their choice, scatter the writing around and let them add some of their own art related to the picture and the church. Punch holes in the pages and put them in a binder or glue into a inexpensive scrapbook. Label the book "Everyone Has A Place In God's House" or the like. You could even use Duotang folders and have one for each child, where they could add things to make a memory book unique to each one of them

My church has bulletin boards with Youth Group Activities. This would be something really neat to have on a bulletin board in a fellowship hall or some place where the congregation could see the thought put into it and the responses from the kids. What a great idea!

Hi Sandy - when I was doing Sunday School my very best resource was the retired ladies who had led Sunday School for years. They were delighted to be asked, didn't want to take it on again but they had run into every problem that could possibly arise. Keep it in mind, but I mainly wanted to say "Good for you!!" for doing it at all. One time I led my kids outside to learn to listen for the smallest sounds, responding to Ezekiel's hearing God in the still small voice rather than the storm or the fire. Have fun!

I don't know if you could use this for this project or not, because of the photo part. I was thinking of making clay square or round garden tiles that you can write on with permanant markers and maybe have them draw the picture of their favorite place on it then spray sealer or shalaque them then put them out in the church garden. If there is not one they can maybe start one. Have fun with whatever you do, I am sure they will love it.

I believe a product called Mod Podge makes a waterproof version.

You can put the picture and words on anything you want to. Then coat the artwork with the waterproof Mod Podge just by painting it on like paste. It dries clear.

You didn't mention the age of the class. But if they can answer questions on their own, they should be able to handle this.

If you have the budget to buy picture frames, go for it. But if not, cut frames from cereal boxes. One piece for the front, one for a backing. Have the students cut out the words they used from magazines. They could cut out letters to make the words if they can't find the right one. Glue them to the picture frame. Then put their picture in the frame.

If you want to share it as a class display, take the finished frames and put them on a wall or bulletin board with either your theme or something like "I go to prepare a place for you" or "In my house there are many rooms"...(each frame represents a room) as the roof.

Hope that helps, hope that's what you're looking for.

Great Idea!

Could you somehow incorporate with your Christmas Program, example do a power point, have someone take the pictures and put them on the overhead so all the Church can share in each child's favorite spot? You could could put them on a disc and present each child with their own Cd to watch at home. Children sharing feelings can be an amazing home ministry. Perhaps some that has not been let to Jesus may see this and would encourage them through this particular message from the children. God Bless

September 21, 2011 Flag

I need some crafts for the bible story, man in need.

By Stella

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Need to know what story you need craft for. I have done some made up ones but they may not be your lesson plans. I look up on the net and get ideas but change it according to my need for I have a range of ages 5 to 8.

Sunday School
Sunday School Craft Ideas
Crafts Crafts For KidsOctober 3, 2007
Sister's Day Craft Ideas
Sister's Day Craft Ideas
Sunday School Doing Crafts
Christian Craft Ideas for Kids
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School
🎉
🎄