Use Lace For A Subtle Pattern

I wanted a subtle pattern on the table that I painted and then thought of the idea that I used quite some time ago on a trunk. First I primed and painted the table a soft green and let it dry. Then I bought some lace with a large pattern and laid it over the top. I sprayed in a very soft gray. I also did the drawers. This matches very nicely with other things in my bedroom but, if you wanted to, you could make the contrast more extreme and it would also look good. I then put a coat of water based polyurethane on it.

By Elaine from IA

That's beautiful!

Here is the table from a distance but of course it does not show the lace design this way. I like the lines of this table.

That is a great idea & looks wonderful.

What a wonderful idea, thanks for sharing. The lace most likely has a somewhat hard finish to it after being painted. Think what could be done with the lace now= form around an old vase, tie a ribbon around it and you have a victorian look. Make a fan for a background for a floral bouquet. Wow the possiblities are endless that is if you are done doing your great painting technique. Use it in scrapbooking or cover an old purse!

Very creative idea, just love it!

Absolutely lovely-and so easy! Just perfect for those of us who can't do patterns free-hand. Marg from England.

Painting a wood chair.
Decorating Wood Furniture
Crafts PaintingOctober 10, 2008
Lace Tablecloth
Removing Grease Stains on a Lace Tablecloth
Queen Anne's Lace
Getting Rid of Queen Anne's Lace
lace close up
Lace Shaping
Cleaning Lace Curtains
Cleaning Lace Curtains