Crafts Using Lace

Old Lace PillowOne window in our mountain cabin does not have a screen, so I tacked a lace tablecloth to the inside of the frame. Air could circulate and mosquitoes and flies were kept out! This could work for windows anywhere.

By Alyxandra

4 More Solutions

I have a love of old linens, lace, etc., and came up with a unique way to display them. I took a wire hanging basket and attached lace around each basket.

A lace chandelier in front of a window with sheer curtains.

Buy some beautiful lace placemats or cut some from an old lace panel or from an old curtain. Lay out a piece of clear contact paper and cut it a little larger than the lace.

I have a Mother of the Bride's dress that I will not wear again. It is ivory colored with an overlay of beautiful open lace over the bodice. I would like to take the lace and "recycle" the lace bodice into a craft that would be a unique addition to my decor. Any suggestions?

Jose from Tennessee

Answers

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 690 Feedbacks

How about different size&shapes of throw pillows or make a one of a kind"1st annisversary"pillow for your daughters 1st annisversary.?you could embellish it stitching their wedding date...

Keeper

By ed (Guest Post)

I know some people have used that type of dress and make them in to christian gowns for other family members.

By JC (Guest Post)

You could use it as the backing in a photo frame of you and the Bride on her day... or when the first child arrives you could make a garment for the christening... a shawl, vest, coverlet.

I'm all for throw pillows!

I had my grandmother's wedding dress made into a Christmas tree top doll. She is very Victorian. The only regret I have is the doll maker concentrated on the doll-not the dress.

None the less she is beautiful and my daughter has asked me to leave it to her in my will.

By pat (Guest Post)

You can make a pillow--either a square one or cut a heart shape out and sew it up and then stuff it or I have angels made from old quilts that were beginning to fray and plan to make one out of the bodice of my wedding dress. Cut a circle for the head out of muslim and sew it and slightly stuff it and make a face on it. For the body cut an elongated triangle and sew it and stuff it. Attach the head and then cut angel wings for the back---you may want to stiffen them some.

Anonymous
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 113 Posts

Thank you all for the unique ideas; I like the Christmas tree doll topper idea with the Victorian look. I have a lady that has a monogramming design business; I will give her a call and see if she has some ideas!

I can always come into this forum and get some really good ideas!

Here is a pic (I hope)

another pic

This is weird looking. It is under her dress to show how she is tied to the top of the tree. Just a muslin "body" with grosgrain ties.

THe back of her head.

Buy some cork board. Size to fit any size picture frame. Cover the same with fabric of your choice. Pin bodice to cork and fabric. Put picture together and hang.

Answer this Question

Does anyone know where I can buy pocket lace. It is used to make wreaths by making a cut on a Styrofoam wreath and pushing the pocket opening on the wreath. My mom used to buy it in craft stores about 30 years ago.

Note: I am looking for Rycos Pocket Lace. The company that use to sell it doesn't anymore.

Thank you.

Answers

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts

It seems now people just buy large pieces of lace and there are still a few places where you can buy pocket lace. I can list a few sites here that you can check out and see if they are what you are looking for. Some of the pocket lace seems very pricy and it might be easy to go to a fabric store and buy a large quanity of lace.

www.createandcraft.com/.../tattered-lace-pocket-die-with-free...

www.aliexpress.com/.../card-lace-pocket.html

www.joann.com/.../15759541.html

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

Try estate sales and Craigslist. If you find it, it will be very cheap.

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

Rycos Pocket Lace is probable no longer made and since you seem to be looking for a particular kind of pocket lace - I would suggest you contact several of the florists in your area as most likely they still use something in this line.

They could probably provide more information than someone just searching online.

Answer this Question
Crafts MiscellaneousApril 26, 2013
📓
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf76964838.tip.html