How to Make Easy Floral Lace Serviette Rings
The flowers cut from embroidered lace net fabric and colored with fabric pens add a note of elegance to these floral lace serviette rings. Use them for summer entertaining or for a wedding. The instructions and supplies list can be found on this page.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use cardstock, shimmer satin fabric, and flowers cut from leftover embroidered net lace fabric to make beautiful serviette rings. These serviette rings are a thrifty way to entertain during the summer, and can also be used to add a special touch to décor for a summer wedding.
Total Time: 15 minutes per serviette ring
Yield: one serviette ring
- two flowers cut from leftover white embroidered net lace fabric
- A6 sized light purple marble cardstock
- 7.1 x 1.5 in cardstock
- 6.7 x 1.3 in cardstock
- 8 x 2.4 in light purple crushed shimmer satin fabric*
- Giotto décor textile pens: sky blue and violet
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- small standard scissors that can maneuver small angles
- old sheet of printer paper
* The shimmer satin used was light purple on one side and green on the other side.
- Glue each flower and a bit of the surrounding net fabric on to the purple marble cardstock.
- Use the textile pens to highlight certain areas of the flowers.
- Next, cut the flowers out.
- Glue the shimmer satin to the 7.1" x 1.5" cardstock with the green side of the fabric facing the cardstock. Note: While drying, place on a piece of printer paper with the satin facing upwards.
- Cut small slits into the parts of the fabric extending beyond the cardstock, fold the pieces of fabric over to the back of the cardstock and use sellotape to secure.
- Glue the 6.7" x 1.3" cardstock over the folded and sellotaped fabric to hide the fabric edges.
- Fold the fabric covered cardstock into a tube and glue together where it overlaps.
- Glue the flowers on to the cardstock tube to complete the serviette ring.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.