"Mock" Soap on a Rope

After having both neck and back surgery I was not able to pick things up from the floor if I dropped them. I returned from the hospital, but when contemplating taking a shower (as I could not get in and out of the bathtub), I was concerned about dropping the bar of soap and having no way to retrieve it without an assistant. I came up with the idea of a "mock" soap on a rope.

I would be able to hold on to the soap "rope" by inserting a bar into a knee high nylon stocking and tying a slipknot in the open end to make a loop. Then I could slip it over my hand, therefore not able to drop the soap, as well as ease in replacing the next bar of soap by simply untying the slipknot.

With the nylon stocking it also works as a great way to sluff off the dead skin and gives a soothing revitalizing massage all while taking your shower. Hangs nicely and dries in between showers there for no soggy slimy wasted bar soap. This could also work great for children as well!

Source: Me, trying to be resourceful and independent for my personal care after major surgery.

By Beau D from Vancouver, WA

You could also tie it to the shower nozzle if you didn't want it attached to your body all the time. We do something similar with our outside faucets in the summer. Mt husband comes it with dirty hands so I put a bar of soap in a mesh vegetable bag and hung it from the post next to the faucet. He washes up somewhat (it's cold water) and can touch door knobs without transfering mud.

This is a practical, helpful idea. I have made bath mitts that you can put the soap in, but your idea is better.

What a great idea. Not only do I find it easier, at age 70, to take a shower, i have always preferred to have clean water rinsing all the soapy water off as I bathed. Your idea is not only great for "at home", but as my husband and I love to go camping, it will serve us well there also. The tub in our camper is generous as campers go, but spaces to put things inside the tub/shower area are limited. This will hang over the shower head when not in use, and as you pointed out, will not leave wet, wasted soap somewhere. Great innovation, developed in a time of need.

Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 18, 2009
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making a Rope Swing
Making a Rope Swing
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale