Centerpieces for Blue and Gold Cub Scout Banquet

For my son's Blue and Gold Cub Scout Banquet we needed to make a centerpiece that reflected both the B and G theme as well as the fact that they were tiger cubs.

I purchased a variety of flower pots, 2 larger pots (there were 2 tables) and one each of 3 different sized smaller pots for each boy in the den. One was the largest of the smaller pots available, one was the 2nd to the smallest I could find, and 2 each were the smallest I could find. I painted them all white (as the paint kept bleeding when I tried without doing this) then painted every pot orange except the medium small pots which I left white.

I hot glued the pots together to make them look like little tigers. Then I had the boys paint their own stripes on the tigers, and glue on the google eyes.

We stuffed the bottoms of the medium pots with floral foam, then stuck 12 inch dowel rods which my son and I painted metallic blue and pearlized yellow into each. We then stuck each tiger head into blue and yellow craft sand that we used to fill the 2 larger pots that were also painted with the blue and yellow paint.

They turned out great, however my camera didn't work very well when I tried to get a picture of them. They were really cute. And the boys had a blast making them.

By Freemommy from Shakopee, MN

three scouts
Cub Scout Banquet Decorations
Crafts Party CenterpiecesJuly 16, 2008
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Athletic Banquet
Athletic Banquet Centerpiece Ideas
A shiny pile of gold chains, rings and other jewelry
Cleaning Gold Jewelry
Cash for Gold
Selling Gold Jewelry For Cash