Keeping Kids Occupied at Doctor

When going to the doctor with my now 2 and 4 year olds, I've many times found myself with 2 wild kids, a long wait, and nothing for them to do. I finally realized I could simply use what I had on hand.

My iPhone has 2 or 3 apps for kids, including one that tells them a shape to find and 3-6 shapes. When they find the correct one, the app cheers and either goes to the next question or a page where they can pick and place a sticker. My dd, 4, now can recognize about 8 shapes, including stars, crescents, hexagons and more.

I also collect the crayons given to you at restaurants with kids menus. I put them in either the diaper bag or my purse. At the doctors office, I don't even waste my own paper but use what's on the bed they sit on. (A lot of free paper that will just be thrown away anyway.) We had an appointment this morning and my ds, 2, asked for my crayons as soon as we walked in.

By Jessica

Smart thinking, and you have two wonderfull, intelligent kids. Love your name, btw... same as my firstborn.

Parenting General Parenting AdviceMay 6, 2011
A woman being examined by her doctor.
Visiting a Doctor's Office
female doctor
Websites That Review Doctors
A woman talking to her doctor.
Preparing for a Doctor's Visit
A photo of all the different actor's who played Doctor Who.
Making a Doctor Who Costume
🎄