Help Getting Spots off Flatware

Please help! I have stainless steel flatware, nothing fancy just normal everyday stuff, and wash it in the dishwasher. They never look clean! There are spots and grunge still on them. I have tried polishing them with a stainless steel cleaner-no luck! I am ready to just buy new but would like to save these they are only a year old but I just hate when they look dirty and spotty. Help!

Tanya

By guest client (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try adding vinegar to the rinse cycle.

By guest client (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Water spots are generally left when your dishwasher doesn't dry enough after a cycle. Most people use Jet Dry to help this but I used to have an old dishwasher that did not have a place for the product. Take all of the spotted flatwear and put in a shallow pan or drain pan. Pour white vinegar over all covering all pieces. Leave on at least five minutes. Rinse well under hot water and dry well with a clean towel one at a time. When you wash dishes in future, pour 2 cups white vinegar in the rinse cycle and remove flatwear when the dry cycle ends. Dry well and you should not have any more problems. Good Luck.

Best Answer

Use Lemi Shine. You can find it in the dishwashing aisle. My sister was going to throw out her glasses and everything that had spots on it. It was so bad I wouldn't use my dishwasher because I didn't want my stuff looking like hers. Somebody told her about Lemi Shine and I was shocked when she showed me her dishes. They looked like brand new.

Best Answer

Try Bright Boy Metal Polish. I bought some at the grocery, and it's quick and easy.

Will this work for silver flatware?

I used Lemi Shine and it works great. We have hard water and were advised to get a water softener. In the last ten years we have gone through 3 water heaters. Took the softener off and our silverware and the inside of our stainless steel dishwasher looked horrible. Used Lemi shine and my troubles are over.

How do i get tea stains and other marks off my flatware and stainless pots and pans? Please reply, thanks.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is amazing ~ no soaking or scrubbing required.